Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
I'm using a PanelBar with MVC extensions to have about 5 grids on the screen (grids are AJAX content in each PanelBar item - from partial view).
I also have two dropdowns at the top of the page (companies & locations) where locations cascades from companies. When the cascade event on the location happens, I want to reload all 5 grids at once and not wait for the user to open each panelbar.  In addition, I want to show the count of items in the grid in the text of the panel bar (e.g. "Transmission Errors (25)" where "Transmission Errors" is the text of the panelbar item and 25 is the number of items in the grid). When the grid is loading the count in the panelbar item text should be "--" to indicate loading.

I've got the dropdownlists working (for the most part - that's a different post) and am subscribing to the cascade event and am updating each panelbar item's href (ul>li>a.k-link) to have the appropriate company and location query strings.

Now, how do I force each panelbar to go get that content from the server without programmatically opening each panelbar?  In other words, I want each PanelBar item to get its AJAX content while having each PanelBar remain closed.

For now, I'll hold off on my question about updating the text of the panelbar item (with the grid data total count) until I get past this issue.

Thanks,
--John
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2015
11 answers
Basically what I'm trying to do here is expand and collapse two panels when one panel is expanded and collapsed.

The flyer panel bar expands just fine when the order panel bar is clicked.

However, the second time through, when the order panel bar is clicked and collapses, the flyer info panel bar does not also collapse.

I've looked through the javascript console, no errors are coming up and I've stuck an alert in the collapse portion which pops up, but still it does not collapse.

What else can I try to get these two panel bars in sync as far as when they expand and collapse?

$(
"#orderInfoPanelBar>li").on('click', function (e) {

var flyerInfoPanelBar = $("#flyerInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar");
    var orderInfoPanelBar = $("#orderInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar");

/* Expand the flyer panel bar if it is not already expanded */
    if (flyerInfoPanelBar.element.children("li").hasClass("k-state-active") != true) {
        //var panelBar = $("#flyerInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar");
        $("#flyerInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar").expand($("#li_flyerInfo1"));
        $("#flyerInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar").select($("#li_flyerInfo1"));
    }

/* Collapse the flyer panel bar if the order panel bar is being collapsed as well */
    if (orderInfoPanelBar.element.children("li").hasClass("k-state-active") == true &&
        flyerInfoPanelBar.element.children("li").hasClass("k-state-active") == true) {

$("#flyerInfoPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar").collapse($("#li_flyerInfo1"));
    }
});
Chuck
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2015
1 answer
Is it possible (or it has to be proposed) a PanelBar that instead expanding, slides (substituting) and shows the sub content. Similarly to the hierarchical mobile listview or even like the demos navigation in the kendo-ui demos ( http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/... )?
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2015
1 answer
I'm trying to initialize Kendo Menu Widget inside the header of PanelBar. So far, I have been stuck with getting it to work together. What's the best way to achieve this? 
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2015
3 answers
Hello,

Is there a way to capture the select event of a sub item in a panel bar?

Based on the sub item selected, I want to navigate to a different page.

Thanks for your time and help. 
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2014
1 answer
I am trying to load the following dynamically to recreate a panelbar's complete contents.

Originally, the panel bar has no contents, and depending on a user's actions, I do an ajax call to get the new panelbar contents that returns the json structure below. 

var pb = $("#myPanelBar").data("kendoPanelBar");

var x =
      [
        {
          text: "Colors",         
          expanded: true,                                 
          items: [
            { text: "Red" },
            { text: "Green" },
            { text: "Blue" },
            { text: "Orange" },
            { text: "+ Add New" }
          ]
        },
        {
          text: "Animals",          
            { text: "Lion" },
            { text: "Eagle" },
            { text: "Lizzard" },
            { text: "+ Add New"}
          ]
        },
        {
          text: "Planets",          
            { text: "Pluto" },
            { text: "Mars" },
            { text: "Saturn" },
            { text: "+ Add New" }
          ]
        }
      ]
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2014
5 answers
I'm trying to get an editor inside of a panelbar to work.  The only way it works is if I have a pre-selected panel.  Without a pre-selected panel kendo dies with the error "TypeError: t is undefined".

It seems I can only include the editor when there is a pre-selected panel.  No pre-selected panel and no editor works. 
With the code below, activate either the data-role or the pre-selection class, and it will fail.

<div id='main'>
      <ul
        data-role="panelbar"
        data-expand-mode="single"
        >
        <li xclass="k-state-active">
          Send Email
          <div style="padding: 10px;">
            <textarea
              xdata-role='editor'
              data-bind='value: emailBody'
            >
            </textarea>
          </div>         
        </li>
        <li>
          Send Text
            Text Stuff
          </div>
        </li>
        <li>
          Dymo label
            Label Stuff
          </div>
        </li>
      </ul>
    </div>

<script>
      console.log(kendo.version)

var viewModel = kendo.observable({
        emailBody: '',

actionEmail: function(ev) {
        }
      })

kendo.bind($("#main"), viewModel);
    </script>

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Nov 2014
1 answer
I need a PanelBar's height after the user has expanded it. The problem is that I can't use the height during the expand event because the animation hasn't started or finished.

Is there a way I can have a callback when the animation is finished? Something like an "expanded" event? Is using setTimeout my only option?

Thanks!
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2014
3 answers
Hi,
Can i place Form inside a PanelBar?
I have a very long form that I want to logically split and place inside PanelBar items. Is that possible?

I will have a single button outside the PanelBar to submit the entire form.

Appreciate your assistance.

Best regards
Bilal Haidar
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2014
1 answer
I've a kendo-panel-bar (using the AngularJs directive) which I would like to bind to a datasource. Unfortunately it seems like the panel bar cannot bind to a kendo.data.ObservableArray. Setting the datasource to an array works fine, setting it to an ObservableArray results in a "Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" exception.

I'm aware of the solution with k-rebind (provided here: https://github.com/kendo-labs/angular-kendo/issues/269) Since I want to use the panel bar bound to a Breeze datasource (which internally uses a ObservableArray), this is unfortunately not a solution for me.

Are there any other possibilities to have a panel bar bound to an ObservableArray?
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron