Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

Hello!

I am trying to use ListView with Buttons inside a Tabstrip. I want the user to be able to select an item to view a report.
As part of this list, I want a clickable hamburger button for the user to open up a popover menu for additional settings.

This setup works for all browsers when I do not perform the "filter" function. However on Firefox (only), using this filter function on the ListView causes my Kendo buttons inside the list to suddenly not fire the onClick handlers.

$("#listView").data("kendoListView").dataSource.filter({      
      filters: [
        { field: "Document_Number", operator: "contains", value: "J82901" }
      ]
    });

On Chrome and Edge, the Kendo buttons work just fine even after this filter. On Firefox however, I notice that the Kendo buttons are unformatted and do not respond to the click events when logging output in the console.

To reproduce the issue, I have provided the following dojo code: Sandbox Code here

Here is a sample image of the output: I have a Tabstrip with a ListView nested within. Each ListView entry has a button attached to it via a template. On click, the button should fire the click handler and print output to the console. (And a popover in the future)

Any help to get this working on Firefox would be greatly appreciated! This is an older version of Kendo UI (Sept 2021).

Thanks.

C
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 29 Apr 2024
0 answers

Hi,

I am using kendo popover to display some dynamic messages in my app.

I show kendo popover based on my local event and display message. I want it to stay visible until user specifically uses "close" action button within the popover.

However, whatever I do, the moment user clicks outside popover, it is closed. 

My page consists from header bar (not visible or same for pages), and I want to "anchor" my popover to it. So, when it's there, popover should appear and remain visible. 

For obvious reasons, I can't make my whole page to be container, because it makes no sense.

I tried preventing default on hide event, but result is the same.

Please could you tell me how to do this? I easily achieved this on popover for angular.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vedad

Vedad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Bronze
Veteran
 asked on 27 Mar 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron